What is Design League?
Mouse Design League is a free, after-school design and technology program where students work in teams to create an original app that makes a positive impact on the lives of others.
Design League members will use professional tools to develop skills in:
- Human-centered design
- User Experience and User Interface (UX/UI) design
- Creative problem solving
- Pitching and presenting ideas
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Digital content creation tools + More!
Who can join?
- You must be an NYC public high school student (9th-12th grade or GED)
- Design League is a free program for NYC students.
- No previous experience is required! Students of all backgrounds and experience levels are welcome to apply.
- You must attend an info session to apply (sign up below).
When and where does the program meet?
Mouse will be running 3 Design League after-school programs in 2021-2022 (below).
Design League: Central Program
- Meets online weekly on Tuesdays from 4pm-5:30pm
- Starts in late October
- We will start the year meeting remotely, with the hopes that we will hold some in-person meetings and events as the year goes on.
Design League: Brooklyn Program
- Meets in-person at Erasmus Campus High School in Flatbush
- Start date is TBD
Design League: Brooklyn Public Library on Kings Highway
- Starts in January 2022
- More details to come
- If you can't participate in one of Mouse's after-school programs, your school is welcome to start their own program. Learn more here.
Info Session Sign-up
If you are curious about joining Design League, complete the form below (or click here to open it in a new window) to come to an info session.
Learn about the Design League program from...
If you have any questions about Design League, you can email Senior Manager, Design League Maggie Muldoon at email@example.com.
If you're looking for partnership and/or volunteering opportunities to support our students as Design League goes virtual this fall, please contact us here.