Mouse is a national nonprofit that empowers all youth and educators to engage with computer science and creative technology to solve real problems and make meaningful change in our world. We focus on building competency, literacy, and dispositions for success in a digital age. We design original, project-driven learning content that helps youth build their ability to create technology with purpose, while exploring computing, electronics, games, design, and more.
Are you passionate about empowering educators and building support systems to drive program success?
We are seeking an Intake & Membership Coordinator to execute the operational vision of the Director of Network Success on the Learning Design Team, and collaborate to grow and improve the organization’s imprint with youth and educators. This team member will act as the primary contact and human support dedicated to “network health” among all types of users / clients in their portfolio of sites. Core to this individual’s work is the maintenance of relationships with users in the network, processing all interested, new, and renewing memberships, training and building successful on-ramps for new users, and the management of learning events. This role will also be a key support in the process of data collection and data management across site.
- New Member Recruitment - 30%
- Identify local channels for increasing educator and youth participation
- Organize virtual and in person meetings and make presentations on behalf of the organization
- Responding to information requests
- Conduct New Member Onboarding - 20%
- Schedule virtual and in-person sessions
- Collaborate with other roles to improve efficiency of onboarding
- Spearhead local events and gatherings that help to strengthen network ties
- Gather formative data on new member needs and questions that come up during onboarding to strengthen FAQ and other tools
- Primary Site Liaison - 20%
- Manage a portfolio of existing sites
- Respond to member inquiries and requests in timely and courteous manner
- Model Mouse’s values and mission at all times
- Liaise with Mouse HQ to coordinate solutions to technical or other membership needs in a timely and thoughtful fashion
- Support data collection efforts by communicating and incentivising participation across sites
- Execute & Staff Member Events / Trainings - 10%
- Coordinate local and regional events and trainings that strengthen network participation
- Train as a trainer to conduct new offerings in regions managed
- Collaborate with Directors to Refine Offerings to Meet User Needs - 10%
- Meet regularly with Directorate of Learning Design to coordinate improvements and efforts to grow new offerings
- Co-Lead Mid-year and Annual planning efforts related to network success KPIs
- Help to inform and meet KPIs for Network Success and maintain drumbeat toward fulfilling those performance goals
- Coordinate & Manage User Data - 10%
- Coordinate efforts to gather formative and summative data related to network participation
- Analyze regional data to spot trends and opportunities for growth and improvement
- Assist Director in reporting Network Success
The ideal candidate is an individual with the following skills:
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Passion for youth empowerment and fostering greater diversity in STEM fields
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects
- Great teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Ability to thoughtfully reflect and proactively plan projects with support from manager
- Regularly seeks new ways to grow their practice and creative outputs
- Comfortable traveling up to (but not limited to) 1 month per fiscal year within “home region”, and up to (but not limited to) 3 weeks beyond the “home region”
- Comfortable working directly with youth and/or educators during training and other events.
- Comfortable with occasional nights and weekend work, though not a regular part of this role
- Experience with Google Suite and Salesforce preferred
What Makes Mouse a Great Place to Work:
- Mission-driven: The Mouse staff are passionate about making a difference. Working here means knowing you’re helping the world become a better place.
- Lots of paid vacation: Mouse employees are eligible for three weeks paid vacation after 3 months of employment.
- Happy Holidays: Mouse is closed between Christmas and New Years! And everyone has the option to participate in Summer Fridays between Memorial Day and Labor Day!
- Remote Friendly Workplace: After a probationary period, Mouse staff based in New York are eligible to work from home up to 3-days a week. This role is eligible for full time remote work based on location. *Austin based preferred*
- Flexible Work Hours: Everyone works between 11am and 4pm. What time of day you work those other 3 hours...is up to you!
- Casual, Fun Atmosphere: We take our work very seriously, but we love to have fun. You can look forward to things like spur-of-the-moment seltzer taste tests, group karaoke parties and animated-GIF-heavy birthday messages.
- Health Coverage: Mouse offers health, dental and vision insurance to all full-time employees. 4 months paid parental leave.
Salary Range: $50,000 - $55,000
Interested applicants, please complete the following application: http://bit.ly/2EAU0sL