Mouse is a national nonprofit that empowers all youth and educators to engage with computer science and creative technology to solve real problems and make meaningful change in our world. We focus on building competency, literacy, and dispositions for success in a digital age. We create partnerships, train educators, and scale computer science offerings across an entire school, system of schools, or sites.
We are seeking an enthusiastic NYC-based educator with an educational background and some STEM + Coding experience. This individual will expand our K-12 educator support, ensuring that learners in NYC and beyond are getting access to incredible computer science experiences, including curriculum internalization & curation, program management, and educator professional development.
This position reports to the Director of Instructional Design.
Teacher Professional Development Management
- Willingness to learn computer science curricula
- Design and deliver teacher professional development sessions
- Manage contracted content facilitators
- Assess teacher growth and mastery of PD content
- Model professionalism and treat our attendees accordingly
- Summarize and report teacher proficiency and student mastery of academic content
- Maintain the operations infrastructure necessary to push forward the program process
Partnership Expansion & Management
- Communicate directly with teachers and school administrators
- Maintain relationships with Mouse teachers, schools and partners (such as Google and Code.org)
- Manage the collection, organization, and updating of any partner account records
- Provide support to Educators on the platform Mouse Create
- Value and promote social and cultural diversity, equality of opportunity, and inclusion
- Engage with attendees electronically in advance of professional development
- Foster a safe and welcoming in-person environment; answer questions with respect and openness
Curriculum Partner Relationship Management
- Tailor curriculum solutions for our partners using Mouse Create and 3rd Party Partners’ content
- Design & implement additional program deliverables, events, or projects as needed
- Assist in location scouting, coordination with event staff, event catering, materials inventory management and ordering, space setup/cleanup
What we're looking for:
- A deep and personal commitment to learners and educators.
- You see a career trajectory that includes STEM and Computer Science and educator support
- You have experience as a teacher (formally or informally) and are able to lead a portfolio of educators to growth and success.
- Demonstrated success teaching in K-12 schools, university settings, or out-of-school programs (prior experience leading professional development for K-12 teachers or teaching adult learners is a plus)
- Experience with K-12 computer science content, particularly in an educational setting (experience teaching AP CS or advanced programming topics is a plus)
- You’re a stellar communicator – both written and verbal – and people coach. You have excellent organizational and problem-solving skills, including the capacity to coordinate details, multi-task and generate creative solutions
- Highly organized with excellent project management and time-management skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a small or large team
- Ability to travel around the city on public transportation (post-pandemic)
- Comfortable traveling up to (but not limited to) 1 month per fiscal year outside NYC, throughout New York state and quarterly to other regions in order to visit schools and facilitate professional development sessions (post-pandemic)
- Comfortable with occasional nights and weekend work as a regular part of this role (Mouse provides a generous comp-time policy for this role)
- Additionally, this role at times requires the ability to lift large and/or heavy packages in order to set up and tear down professional development events.
- Experience with the Google Apps Suite, Slack or other productivity, collaboration and contact management tools
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and work experience.
- Knowledge of Salesforce is a plus
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
- To apply visit: https://bit.ly/ldmanager
What Makes Mouse a Great Place to Work:
- Mission-driven: The Mouse staff are passionate about making a difference. Working here means knowing you’re helping the world become a better place.
- Lots of paid vacation: Mouse employees are eligible for three weeks paid vacation after 3 months of employment.
- Happy Holidays: Mouse is closed between Christmas and New Years! And everyone has the option to participate in Summer Fridays between Memorial Day and Labor Day!
- Remote Friendly Workplace: Mouse is currently a fully remote organization through January 1, 2022. After this time, we will survey staff, board, and stakeholders to reassess. All staff members will receive a 60 day notice prior to workplace policy changes.
- Casual, Fun Atmosphere: We take our work very seriously, but we love to have fun. You can look forward to things like spur-of-the-moment seltzer taste tests, group karaoke parties and animated-GIF-heavy birthday messages.
- Health Coverage: Mouse offers health, dental and vision insurance to all full-time employees.
- Salary: $50,000 - $60,000 commensurate with experience