Mouse Spring Maker Day is April 21st, 12-4pm!
Mouse Maker Day is free and open to all NYC high school and middle school youth who want a space to tinker, make, build, and learn cool stuff!
We are bringing together Makers of all ages under one roof to spend the day building, crafting and designing with technology. Come create with coders, crafters, 3D designers, whiteboard artists, gamers, makers and more from all over NYC. This is the perfect place to try coding, building circuits, making games or designing in 3D for the first time! You’ll get to meet experts, learn new skills and take home something you made!
What kinds of things can I make at Maker Day?
- Coding projects: work on computer games, websites, web hacks, animation, and more, using programs like Scratch and Thimble!
- Circuitry and Electronics projects: build something that buzzes or lights up, or hack an electronic toy to do something new and weird!
- Crafts: Use pencils, paper, scissors, pipe cleaners, etc to make something physical and visually cool
- 3D Design: design something in a program like SketchUp and you may have the chance to print it on a MakerBot 3D printer!
- Graphic Design: play around and learn some new tricks in PhotoShop or Adobe Illustrator!
- School projects: bring something you're already working on for school (or for fun!) and take the next step with it!
- Experiment! You're welcome to tinker, try new things, and figure stuff out without having a project in mind!
Where does Maker Day take place?
WHERE: Mouse HQ: 55 Broad Street, 16th floor, in Downtown Manhattan.
WHEN: Saturday April 21st, 12-4pm
WHO: Maker Day is open to all NYC high school and middle school students!
Do I have to bring anything?
No -- Maker Day is FREE and you don't have to bring any materials with you. If you want to, you can bring a school project or other work-in-progress to work on, but you don't have to. SNACKS ARE PROVIDED!
How else can I be involved?
- We are always looking for volunteers to bring exciting projects to our events. Please contact Maggie if you would like to volunteer at an upcoming event.
- If your organization would like to sponsor a Mouse Maker event, please contact Janine.
Have any questions? Please email email@example.com for answers!