The next Maker Night is July 27th, 2:00-4:00pm!
Mouse Maker Nights are free and open to all who want a space to tinker, make, build, and learn cool stuff. Join us at our Mouse Makerspace to make something cool, meet new people, eat pizza, and more!
Maker Night is the perfect place to explore STEM projects, build circuits, code or design in 3D for the first time, and learn new skills. Mouse Maker Nights brings together high school students and professional coders, crafters, 3D designers, whiteboard artists, gamers, makers, and more from all over NYC!
What kinds of things can I make at Maker Night?
- Coding projects: work on computer games, websites, web hacks, animation, and more, using programs like Scratch and Thimble!
- Circuitry and Electronics projects: build something that buzzes or lights up, or hack an electronic toy to do something new and weird!
- Crafts: Use pencils, paper, scissors, pipe cleaners, etc to make something physical and visually cool
- 3D Design: design something in a program like SketchUp and you may have the chance to print it on a MakerBot 3D printer!
- Graphic Design: play around and learn some new tricks in PhotoShop or Adobe Illustrator!
- School projects: bring something you're already working on for school (or for fun!) and take the next step with it!
- Experiment! You're welcome to tinker, try new things, and figure stuff out without having a project in mind!
Where do these events take place?
Mouse Maker Events are held at Mouse HQ in the Financial District in Manhattan:
55 Broad Street
New York City
Do I have to bring anything?
No -- Maker Nights are FREE and you don't have to bring any materials with you. If you want to, you can bring a school project or other work-in-progress to work on, but you don't have to. SNACKS ARE PROVIDED!
How else can I be involved?
- We are always looking for volunteers to bring exciting projects to our events. Please contact Maggie if you would like to volunteer at an upcoming event.
- If your organization would like to sponsor a Mouse Maker event, please contact Janine.
- Keep making after Mouse Maker events are over! Enter our Keep Making contest and you could even win $$ for making on your own.
Have any questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for answers!