The next Maker Night is June 14th, 4:00-6:00pm
Mouse Maker Nights are free and open to all who want a space to tinker, make, build, and learn cool stuff.
Maker Night brings together high school students and professional coders, crafters, 3D designers, whiteboard artists, gamers, makers, and more from all over NYC!
*** Space is limited, so sign up below! ***
What kinds of things can I make at Maker Night?
- Coding projects: work on computer games, websites, web hacks, animation, and more, using programs like Scratch and Thimble!
- Circuitry and Electronics projects: build something that buzzes or lights up, or hack an electronic toy to do something new and weird!
- Crafts: Use pencils, paper, scissors, pipe cleaners, etc to make something physical and visually cool
- 3D Design: design something in a program like SketchUp and you may have the chance to print it on a MakerBot 3D printer!
- Graphic Design: play around and learn some new tricks in PhotoShop or Adobe Illustrator!
- School projects: bring something you're already working on for school (or for fun!) and take the next step with it!
- Experiment! You're welcome to tinker, try new things, and figure stuff out without having a project in mind!
Where do these events take place?
Mouse Maker Events are held at Mouse HQ in the Financial District in Manhattan:
55 Broad Street
New York City
Do I have to bring anything?
No -- Maker Nights are FREE and you don't have to bring any materials with you. If you want to, you can bring a school project or other work-in-progress to work on, but you don't have to. SNACKS ARE PROVIDED!
How else can I be involved?
- We are always looking for volunteers to bring exciting projects to our events. Please contact Maggie if you would like to volunteer at an upcoming event.
- If your organization would like to sponsor a Mouse Maker event, please contact Janine.
- Spread the word! Download this Open Maker Events flyer and hang in your classroom or school!
Have any questions? Please email email@example.com for answers!