PlayTech: Maker Edition is Saturday, April 13, 1pm - 3pm!
Calling all students, educators, and makers. Mouse and Parsons are proud to invite you to PlayTech: Maker Edition on Saturday, April 13, 1pm - 3pm. This event is free and open to all who want a space to tinker, make, build, and learn cool stuff. Prior experience in tech or making is not required.
What kinds of projects can I explore?
- Found Object Game [Game Design]: Design your own board game using ordinary objects around you
- DIY Operation Game [Game Design]: Make your own handmade version of the classic game “Operation” out of simple materials
- Makey Makey Custom Controller [Circuitry]: Make a customized video game controller out of Play Dough
- School projects: bring something you're already working on for school (or for fun)
- Experiment: Makerspaces are great places to explore new technologies, find new interests or to advance the creative computing and STEM skills you already have
Do I have to bring anything?
Only a signed consent form.
We'll provide all the materials you need, including pizza. Bring a project of your own if you have one.
Where does this event take place?
PlayTech: Maker Edition is held at the Parsons School of Design:
6 E16th Street (between 5th Ave and Broadway), 12th Floor
New York City
How else can I get involved?
- We are always looking for volunteers to bring exciting projects to our events. Please contact email@example.com if you would like to volunteer at an upcoming event.
- If your organization would like to sponsor a Mouse Maker event, please contact Shaquana.
- Can't make it to a Maker Event? Check out more Upcoming Events and Opportunities at Mouse
Need more info about this event? Need help getting to the Makerspace? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information and answers.
What is a Makerspace?
The Mouse Makerspace is the perfect space for students, educators, and makers of all ages to explore STEM and creative computing through hands-on, maker projects.
New to making and makerspaces? Need help to expand your tech skills? Our Mouse Makerspace is filled with resources, supplies, and professional experts to support students as they explore STEM making.