Accomplishments go far beyond what you see on a school transcript. This course is aimed at helping students design digital learning portfolios that will allow them to track successes that embody the full breadth of their interests whether in school or out. Youth will learn what it takes to document projects, reflect on accomplishments and design high-quality digital portfolios that they can confidently show off to employers or college admissions counselors. All Mouse projects are aligned to national standards.
Mouse has designed several courses as recommended learning sequences for groups that want to focus on competency areas that complement one another thematically. Courses accelerate positive youth development outcomes, build practical expertise, and helps educators learn alongside their students. Learn more about our Mouse Courses
- What is a Portfolio?
- UX/UI Design
- Information Architecture
- Telling The Story of Your Success
- Curating Your Work
- Bringing Your Portfolio to Life
- Make a Simple Website with Glitch: Make and publish a simple website with Glitch.
- Pick a Palette: Learn how to pick good color schemes that all audiences can appreciate, and how to change color schemes on websites in this follow-up to the Meet the Color Wheel activity.
- Typography: Designing Fonts: Design your own font and find out why they're so important to design!
On Mouse Create, youth ages 13 and older have the opportunity to earn digital badges through Credly to recognize their accomplishments, which they can share on social media networks and college applications.
Mouse Create is our online learning platform designed for young people to build the skills they need to apply design and technology creatively to the world around them. Mouse Create provides hands-on, interactive projects that include everything from web literacy and fixer skills, to innovative content areas, like circuitry, game design, coding, and green technology.