No Such Thing, Episode 41: "Competency X”
Listen now to No Such Thing, to hear how one school partners across San Diego county to help realize the promise of digital badges.
Listen to No Such Thing: Episode 41
Del Lago Academy is one use case that shows the potential of alternative credentialing (or digital badges) for reforming assessment in the digital age. If you're a K12 professional, a funder, or a education technologist that's been following the conversation on Badges for Learning, you don't want to miss this conversation. Alec Barron is the lead behind Competency X, a project that's already engaged teachers, local industry, and higher ed in a serious conversation about how competency-based practices, along with strong software platforms, can change the efficiency and effectiveness of school-supported pathways for youth to meaningful, prosperous futures in San Diego County.
Links from this episode:
- Del Lago Academy: https://www.dellagoacademy.org/
- Portfolium: https://portfolium.com/
- Competency X: https://www.competencyx.com/
- BIOCOM: https://www.biocom.org/s/
- Fleet Science Center: https://www.rhfleet.org/
- Digital Badge Summit: https://badgesummit.weebly.com/
- Palomar College: https://www2.palomar.edu/
- Miramar College: https://www.sdmiramar.edu/
- Pharmatec: http://www.pharmtech.com/
- Assessment for Learning Project: https://www.assessmentforlearningproject.org/
- Education Design Lab: https://eddesignlab.org/
- Nicole Pinkard: http://www.sesp.northwestern.edu/profile/?p=1049&/NicholePinkard/
- Center for Collaborative Education: http://cce.org/
- Reimagining College Access: https://learningpolicyinstitute.org/project/reimagining-college-access
About No Such Thing
The show is about learning with technology, the realities and exciting potential, but it’s also about youth and the practitioners who support them –- youth developers, museum educators, teachers, mentors, counselors, parents–as they grow their identity, and journey forward.
The show’s first episodes were produced in partnership with City University of New York's Masters Program in Youth Studies at SPS. Learn more on the School of Professional Studies website.
Shows are made possible with support from Mouse, a national youth development nonprofit that believes in technology as a force for good.
Already a subscriber? Please rate and review, and tweet the showpage —https://shows.pippa.io/nosuchthing — to your network with #nosuchthingpodcast.