No Such Thing, Episode 55: "In Case You Missed It"
Listen to No Such Thing: Episode 55
Brian Sweeting is a Digital Publishing Manager and Content Strategist for New Learning Times. He manages a team of writers whose goal is to create and curate compelling digital content that deepens an understanding of forward-thinking learning, teaching, and research.
The New Learning Times (NLT) provides daily coverage of the transformation of learning opportunities in the information age for those shaping the future of education. NLT is produced at the EdLab at Teachers College, Columbia University.
The editorial frame for NLT is governed by our understanding of three major trends, which we have termed “The New 3R’s.” Far beyond mere reform, the education sector is undergoing a major Reformation, a profound reconfiguration of the customs, institutions, and relationships that together constitute the foundations for learning opportunities around the world. Spurred by rapid developments in communications and computation, the education sector is also experiencing a Renaissance of new ideas, processes, and possibilities to support learning across the lifespan. The rapid introduction and convergence of these emerging political, technical, and artistic forces is creating the conditions for a Revolution in what is becoming the new learning sector. The New Learning Times seeks to chronicle the major transformation in learning possibilities.
Links from the episode:
- New Learning Times: https://newlearningtimes.com/
- Walking a Mile in Another Person’s Shoes Actually Works! https://newlearningtimes.com/cms/article/5924/walking-a-mile-in-another-persons-shoes-actually
- Woebot, the Therapist You Can Trust https://newlearningtimes.com/cms/article/5290/woebot-the-therapist-you-can-trust
- Learning to Code, One Kitten GIF at a Time https://newlearningtimes.com/cms/article/5679/learning-to-code-one-kitten-gif-at-a-time
- Learn How to Spot Fake News. . . By Creating It https://newlearningtimes.com/cms/article/5178/learn-how-to-spot-fake-news-by-creating-it
About No Such Thing
The show is about learning with technology, the realities and exciting potential, but it’s also about youth and the practitioners who support them –- youth developers, museum educators, teachers, mentors, counselors, parents–as they grow their identity, and journey forward.
The show’s first episodes were produced in partnership with City University of New York's Masters Program in Youth Studies at SPS. Learn more on the School of Professional Studies website.
Shows are made possible with support from Mouse, a national youth development nonprofit that believes in technology as a force for good.
Already a subscriber? Please rate and review, and tweet the showpage —https://shows.pippa.io/nosuchthing — to your network with #nosuchthingpodcast.