Registration is open for the Emoti-Con Virtual Project Fair (Apply by 5/22)
We have officially opened registration for the 12th annual Emoti-Con NYC Digital Media & Technology Challenge (now a Virtual Project Fair). Submit your middle and high school projects by May 22nd to be included in this city-wide competition.
- Emoti-Con is a chance for us to celebrate and showcase the innovations & ideas of teens across NYC.
- Judges from CS, STEM and design professions will review and share feedback on each project. Judges will share how their project relates to college and career pathways.
- Each project will be published and have its own webpage. Students can share their project page with parents, friends and mentors who can leave 👏 Emojis 👏 of encouragement and kudos on their work.
Need Help? We’ve got you!
- Emoti-Con Intro Presentation & Design Challenge: Introduce the Emoti-Con project fair to your students with this presentation. It includes all of the details they will need to create and submit an excellent digital media & technology project.
- Mouse Open Projects: Not sure how your students will turn their idea into a prototype? Mouse has released several free, DIY design & digital making how-tos activities for making apps, 3D models, easy game prototypes, and more.
- Project Fair Slides Template: How can your students best show off their project idea to the judges? Feel free to copy and remix this Google Slides presentation template and upload it with your application.
- Emoti-Con Project Application Worksheet: This worksheet has every question from the application so you and your students can prepare your responses before filling out the live form.
- Get Live Support: Emoti-Con has a few volunteer educators who can work with you and your students to get a project ready for the Project Fair. Email us (Emoticon@mouse.org) and we will schedule a time to meet online.
Project Fair Schedule
- 5/1 - 5/22: Submit projects online on the Virtual Emoti-Con site
- 5/25 - 6/5: Community Project Fair and Judging
- 6/10: Winners announced at an Award Ceremony published via social media