No Such Thing, Episode 61: "Recommended Resources for Maker Educators"
Listen to this episode to hear a special episode where five Maker Educators share the resources that they recommend often to others interested in what they do.
Listen to No Such Thing: Episode 61
Here's a cool episode for you. Before I get started let's talk about these tracks. It's easy to overlook, when we talk about Maker Ed, that a lot of the greatest maker educators I know are makers themselves. Lou Lahana is also known on the interwebs as Techbrarian, and he wrote and produced tracks at the beginning and end of this episode. He's a great inspiration to remind us all, as Tasker Smith from MIT reminds us in this episode - we need stay inspired...consider it like facing turbulence on an airplane...put the mask on ourselves first.
It's a different format: in this episode I reached out and asked some of my favorite Maker Educators to send me recordings where they just jam into the mic a bit about resources that they often recommend to other educators, or folks just interested in what they do. I'm so grateful to a rockstar group of five featured in this episode, and hope that we can make it a more regular thing.
My thanks (in the order that you hear from them) to:
Lori Stahl-VanBrackal: linkedin.com/in/lori-stahl-van-brackle
Tasker Smith: linkedin.com/in/taskersmith
Jennifer Latimer: linkedin.com/in/jennifer-latimer-31219b6
Dr. Matthew Farber: linkedin.com/in/mattfarber
Dr. Lou Lahana: Techbrarian.com
Links from this episode:
- Innovators Mindset, George Couros: https://www.amazon.com/Innovators-Mindset-Empower-Learning-Creativity-ebook/dp/B016YTBZKO
- Laser Cutters (Universal Systems): https://www.ulsinc.com/
- Make Magazine: https://makezine.com/
- Instructibles: https://www.instructables.com/
- Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/
- Prototyping Library: http://prototypinglibrary.com/
- Epilogue Laser Sample Club: https://www.epiloglaser.com/resources/sample-club.htm
- Invent to Learn, Martinez and Stager: https://inventtolearn.com/
- Connecting Gaming, Kafai and Burke: http://www.yasminkafai.com/connected-gaming
- AdBusters: https://www.adbusters.org/
About No Such Thing
The show is about learning with technology, the realities and exciting potential, but it’s also about youth and the practitioners who support them –- youth developers, museum educators, teachers, mentors, counselors, parents–as they grow their identity, and journey forward.
The show’s first episodes were produced in partnership with City University of New York's Masters Program in Youth Studies at SPS. Learn more on the School of Professional Studies website.
Shows are made possible with support from Mouse, a national youth development nonprofit that believes in technology as a force for good.
Already a subscriber? Please rate and review, and tweet the showpage —https://shows.pippa.io/nosuchthing — to your network with #nosuchthingpodcast.