Resources for NYC Summer Bridge SYEP Providers and Students
Mouse is excited to have the opportunity to support implementation of the SYEP Summer Bridge 2020 program as a project-based learning content provider. In addition to completing the work readiness program lead by Hats & Ladders and your Workplace Challenge program with an industry partner, Mouse’s digital courses will help students finish their summer with a shareable digital portfolio filled with creative technology projects that showcase their new skills in web coding, game design, video creation, graphic design, and 3D/CAD design.
As a Project-Based Learning Content Provider, Mouse will be offering each partner:
- Access to Mouse Create, our remote-ready digital learning platform, for your facilitators and students.
- A series of creative technology courses for students.
- PD/Training videos for facilitators to deliver Mouse courses and use Mouse Create.
- Office hours for support.
- Reports on student usage.
- Mouse & Summer Bridge Facilitation Guide (includes recommended project schedules for YY and OY programs, and examples for how to incorporate civic engagement into each course) - https://bit.ly/SB-guide
- Mouse Sample Schedule Planning Spreadsheet (week by week overview): https://bit.ly/SBschedule-sheet
- Younger Youth Program PD Videos: https://bit.ly/SB-PD-younger-youth
- Older Youth Program PD Videos: https://bit.ly/SB-PD-older-youth
- For a free Mouse Create license, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Technology Career Panels
Mouse will host five (5) tech career “Ask Me Anything” (AMA) sessions on video to connect Summer Bridge students with a diverse group of tech professionals. Professionals join the video chat for a 50 minute discussion and Q&A about their careers. Mouse will stream AMA sessions with youth asking questions on YouTube Live to allow for participation across Summer Bridge programs.
These career panels could be used to fulfill workplace challenge hours for Summer Bridge
Watch Past Ask Me Anything Sessions:
- Wednesday, July 29th at 4pm - Juan Garzon, Full Stack Developer at iCapital Network, Mouse Alum (Watch on YouTube Live)
- Wednesday, August 5th at 4pm - Eve Ahearn, Senior Product Manager, Etsy.com (Watch on YouTube Live)
- Wednesday, August 12th at 4pm - Shane Garraway, Mechanical Engineer, Long Island Rail Road (LIRR) (Watch on YouTube Live)
- Wednesday, August 19th at 4pm - Dyalekt Kushner & Andrea Ferraro connect Hip Hop + Finance at Pockets Change (Watch on YouTube Live)
Upcoming Ask Me Anything Sessions:
- Wednesday, August 26th at 4pm - Karen Caramasa, Product Designer, Haven Life (Watch on YouTube Live)
Office Hours for Mouse Create Support
Mouse will be available for office hours on a dedicated schedule throughout the summer. Facilitators can sign up for office hours using this spreadsheet.
Mouse Create's frequently asked questions and help topics are also posted here: https://tools.mouse.org/
Facilitators can also contact Mouse support at any time at email@example.com
Contact Mouse to Get Started
For providers who would like to partner with Mouse to use part or all of our prepared materials, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mouse Create Preview:
Thanks to our Summer Bridge Partners!
We're so appreciative of the incredible work that our current Summer Bridge / SYEP Partners are putting into making the summer a success for their youth participants.
Current partners include: Henry Street Settlement, CAMBA, HANAC, Commonpoint Queens, Chinatown Manpower Project, and Bronxworks
Thanks to Youth Empowerment Summer (YES), HIVE NYC, DYCD, ExpandED Schools, and all other collaborators for making this work possible.