The Green Tech course turns groups into sustainable technology leaders in their community. Youth build electricity generators, make batteries with everyday materials, and add solar panels to electric toys in order to better navigate the science behind eco-friendly technology. All Mouse projects are aligned to national standards.
Mouse has designed several courses as recommended learning sequences for groups that want to focus on competency areas that complement one another thematically. Learn more about our Mouse Courses.
Making DIY Generator in a group.
Students pitching their ideas for green changes in community.
Powering turbine using a fan.
Building battery with common materials.
- You've Got The Power: Learn how to make electricity and how it gets to our communities.
- DIY Generator: Light a human-powered LED and create electric current with wire coil & magnet.
- Testing Turbines: Design and build your own mini turbine with everyday classroom materials.
- Hacking for a Sustainable Future: Hack a HTML story with your knowledge of renewable energy to save a city from disaster.
- Solarize It: Green your gadgets with solar panels.
- Battery Builder: Build your own battery from common materials.
- Energy Sleuths: Measure electricity usage and run experiments using the Green Tech Lab App to figure out ways to lower your carbon footprint!
- Become Action Heroes: Bring your energy-saving ideas to life with a plan to lower your site’s carbon footprint.
- Launch a Green Media Campaign: Create an original media campaign to get the word out about saving energy in your community.
- Pitch It: Present your ideas to help bring green changes to your community.
- How to Use a Multimeter: Learn how to use this essential tool to measure electricity, test batteries, and check for continuity in a circuit.
- Write the Future: Learn to use Twine to create a digital Choose Your Own Adventure-style game while thinking about how Earth supports life.
On Mouse Create, youth ages 13 and older have the opportunity to earn digital badges through Credly to recognize their accomplishments, which they can share on social media networks and college applications.
Mouse Create is our online learning platform designed for young people to build the skills they need to apply design and technology creatively to the world around them. Mouse Create provides hands-on, interactive projects that include everything from web literacy and fixer skills, to innovative content areas, like circuitry, game design, coding, and green technology.