The 2020 Diversity In Tech Awards™ is Going Virtual!
The Diversity In Tech Awards™ in its 5th year celebrates those that have championed the nationwide movement to increase diversity across the technology industry. This event will now take place in a virtual format during the week of October 5, 2020 - October 9, 2020. Mark your calendars!
More details will be released as we get closer to the event. Meanwhile, please follow our social media accounts for updates on this event.
Among other massive social and economic disruptions, the COVID-19 crisis has laid bare the deep inequities in our nation’s educational system and how they impact students of color. That is why it’s even more important for the Diversity In Tech Awards™ to once again be a visible platform where leaders convene to focus on solutions to the lack of diversity and inclusion in tech and STEM.
Nominate Deserving Candidates
This year, we will be presenting awards in the following categories based on the information that you provide in the nomination form linked below. Your responses will be scored based on a rubric by a team of judges selected for their expertise related to diversity and inclusion in technology. The deadline to submit nominations is Friday September 18, 2020!
- Exceptional Mouse Student Innovator: Recognizing a single or group of K-12 students whose work exemplifies diversity in technology and inspires others to do the same.
- Outstanding Mouse Alumnus: Honoring a dedicated alumnus who has helped elevate a Mouse student’s program by providing funding or advice.
- ’Moving Mountains’ Mouse Educator: Highlighting an educator, school, district, or network that is moving mountains and making a difference among diverse and low-income students, by increasing access to technology education.
- Extraordinary Corporate Leader: Awarded to an individual, initiative, department, or company that is producing demonstrable outcomes in increasing diversity across the technology industry.
- Extraordinary Corporate Employer: Recognizing an outstanding company that has consistently proven to lead the charge in hiring and maintaining diverse workforces.
- Excellence in Real Estate Tech: Shining a light on real estate companies or individual employees who are moving the needle in promoting diversity across their sector.
- Going Green in Tech: Shining a light on environmental tech companies or individual employees who are moving the needle in promoting diversity in their sector.
- Community Difference-Maker: Spotlighting a community initiative or individual that is paving the way to make high-quality STEM education accessible to low-income students.
- Leadership in Media Award: Showcasing an individual or media outlet who has done incredible work in exploring issues in diversity and tech across education or the workforce.
- Leadership in Accessible Tech Award: Recognizing an outstanding company that goes above and beyond to provide technological access to online educational resources.
- Start-up company: Spotlighting a start-up company that is paving the way to make technology more accessible to diverse groups.
Sponsor or Donate to Support
In past years, ticket sales to this event has helped us raise funds for Mouse’s educational programs. There are no tickets this year, but voluntary donations will greatly support our work.
If your company is interested in sponsoring this event to expand their exposure to educators, corporate executives, high-level professionals from the business academia and social sectors, please visit mouse.org/sponsor to learn more or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any inquiries.