The Tech Team course is for groups looking to provide technical and user support at their site as a help desk. In addition to completing both IT courses, Tech Team groups participate in team building activities, build troubleshooting skills, develop routines and professional communication, and give back through community service.
Mouse has designed several courses as recommended learning sequences for groups that want to focus on competency areas that complement one another thematically. Learn more about our Mouse Courses.
Team Activity: Mousemallow Challenge
Students assisted in setting up a Ticket Tracking System in their school
Understanding computer hardware parts is important to become a Fixer!
- The Mousemallow Challenge: Discover new definitions of failure and success while building a tower of marshmallows!
- Teamwork: The Mill Game: Get to know your team while completing this series of fun and increasingly elaborate challenge!
- Help Desk Superhero: Put a ticket tracking system to the test by writing Hollywood-inspired help desk tickets.
- Setting up a Ticket Tracking System: Running a help desk is hard work, but before the hard work comes the brain work, it is essential to set up an efficient ticket tracking system and implement it.
- Reverse Engineering: Learn the essential first steps of reverse-engineering by deconstructing and documenting the inner-workings of everyday objects.
- Secret Sculpture: Boost your communication skills with a team sculpture challenge.
- Talk like a Fixer: Learn to talk like a pro when you help other people work through technical problems by asking the right questions and accurately identifying another person’s level of experience.
- PSA: Be Professional: Learn what it means to act professionally by creating a PSA (Public Service Announcement).
- Leadership Wheel: Rethink your ideas about what makes a good leader and discover your own leadership style.
- Do-It-Yourself Project: Create a "How-To" guide for a problem that you have fixed so that someone else could fix the same problem using your guide.
- Design a Better World: Make hundreds of sandwiches in 30 minutes with lots of ridiculous rules to bring teams together around a common and fun goal.
- Rules of Brainstorming: Practice the professional process of brainstorming once your research and problem identification are complete.
On Mouse Create, youth ages 13 and older have the opportunity to earn digital badges through Credly to recognize their accomplishments, which they can share on social media networks and college applications.
Mouse Create is our online learning platform designed for young people to build the skills they need to apply design and technology creatively to the world around them. Mouse Create provides hands-on, interactive projects that include everything from web literacy and fixer skills, to innovative content areas, like circuitry, game design, coding, and green technology.