In this age of Photoshop, social networks, and the spread of fake news, visual literacy is more important than ever. Mouse’s Video Creator course aims to equip students with the basic skills and insights needed to navigate today’s multimedia landscape. Students will learn shot and composition techniques for creating impactful images, create storyboards to plan for longer media pieces, practice recording good-quality sound, and combine various multimedia assets together to create meaningful visual stories.
Mouse has designed several courses as recommended learning sequences for groups that want to focus on competency areas that complement one another thematically. Learn more about our Mouse Courses.
- Take Your Shot: Learn basic shot language and how to compose a frame.
- Drawing a Great Story: Work with storyboards to illustrate a 3-part story arc and then bring it to life using film, photography, or drawing.
- Getting Good Sound: Obtain some tips for using your phone to gather good quality audio clips.
- Making Meaning with Images: Remix images to understand how small shifts can make a big change to what is being viewed.
- Make a Movie Trailer: Create a two- minute trailer where you are the star!
On Mouse Create, youth ages 13 and older have the opportunity to earn digital badges through Credly to recognize their accomplishments, which they can share on social media networks and college applications.
Mouse Create is our online learning platform designed for young people to build the skills they need to apply design and technology creatively to the world around them. Mouse Create provides hands-on, interactive projects that include everything from web literacy and fixer skills, to innovative content areas, like circuitry, game design, coding, and green technology.