The Web Literacy course transforms youth from casual web users to savvy participants who can think critically, participate safely, and demonstrate good digital citizenship.
Mouse has designed several courses as recommended learning sequences for groups that want to focus on competency areas that complement one another thematically. Learn more about our Mouse Courses.
- The Internet is a Live Mic: Explore the legacy you leave online by examining what your digital activity says about you.
- Creative Commons .GIF Exchange: Make art on the web and understand the rules of remix using Creative Commons licenses, starting with your own animated GIF.
- Kraken the Code: Hone your inner Truth Detective by learning how to determine the reliability of information online.
- Ad Battle: Go behind the scenes of the web to understand why we see certain ads when we browse the web, how our own web behaviors affect our online experiences, and browser tools that can help increase privacy.
- Awkward! Dealing with Strangers Online: Use simple rules of thumb to keep communication over the web safe and positive by identifying opportunities and risks of online interactions.
- Paper ToS: Learn about what rights you are giving away when you click 'Agree'.
- Social Network Sort: Make good choices about posting to social media sites, learn what is appropriate, and manage settings to protect your privacy!
- Malware Avengers: Fight malicious computer villains with malware-fighting super powers!
- Password Round Robin: Defend yourself against bots and identity thieves by creating an uncrackable password and test the strength of your friends' passwords by becoming a password-cracking bot!
- Phish Market: Learn to identify and avoid digital phishing attacks by making up your own and attempting to fool others into believing they are real.
On Mouse Create, youth ages 13 and older have the opportunity to earn digital badges through Credly to recognize their accomplishments, which they can share on social media networks and college applications.
Mouse Create is our online learning platform designed for young people to build the skills they need to apply design and technology creatively to the world around them. Mouse Create provides hands-on, interactive projects that include everything from web literacy and fixer skills, to innovative content areas, like circuitry, game design, coding, and green technology.