Create with Mouse at Maker Day on April 1st!
Join Mouse on Saturday April 1st, 12-4pm, for our spring Maker Day!
Maker Day happens twice a year to gather makers from Mouse programs and beyond to celebrate making and the spirit of Mouse. Bring friends and family because Maker Day is free and open to all middle and high school students.
Maker Day gives you twice the time as our regular Maker Night to spend creating alongside professionals. More time so you can dig deep into coding, 3D design, or crafting something to take home. It’s a great experience to get your hands dirty with technology for an afternoon and get creative. A perfect day trip for a tech club, Maker Day will feature activities from content on create.mouse.org and more.
** Space is limited so sign up below! **
What can students make at Maker Day?
- Coding -- work on computer games, websites, web hacks, animation, and more, using programs like Scratch and Thimble
- 3D printing and design -- design something in a program like SketchUp and you may have the chance to print it on a MakerBot 3D printer
- Wearables -- combine circuitry and crafting with a new sewable activity, hosted by Teknikio
- Graphic design -- play around and learn some new tricks in PhotoShop or Adobe Illustrator
- Robotics and circuitry -- build something that buzzes or lights up, or hack an electronic toy to do something new and weird
- School projects -- bring something you're already working on for school (or for fun!) and take the next step with it
- Experiment! You're welcome to tinker, try new things, and figure stuff out without having a project in mind
Check out photos from our Maker Night events to get inspired!
When: Saturday, April 1st from 12-4pm
Where: Mouse, 55 Broad Street, NYC
Who: Open to all NYC high school students!
Maker Day is FREE for ALL high school students, so bring your friends, brothers, sisters, cousins, frenemies, classmates, teammates, and more! Download this Open Maker Events flyer to hang in your classroom or school!
Email Maggie@mouse.org or visit mouse.org/makerday for additional information.